Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My "true north" isn't a compass....

When Ella was little-- I mean, brand new-- I used to watch her sleep.  Have you ever done that with a tiny little baby?

I would sit in my rocker in her room and just watch her little chest rise up and down... and usually I would marvel at the little miracle that was lying there while I cried.  I just couldn't believe I was a mom and this was my precious baby girl. 

Early on, I used to thank God for this little being, mostly because I really was grateful that God had given me a daughter.  Now, as I look back, I am still thankful-- eternally grateful for this girl, and now for each of my kids, but not so much because God has given me something, but because these kids, every day, make me want to be better.  A better mom, a better wife, a better friend, a better daughter, a better person.  All because these little kids point me toward God every day.  And today, that is why I'm thankful that God has given me these kids-- because without them, I'm not sure where my focus would be or what direction I would be going.

I love you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment