Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Those funny things they do...

I'm not sure that I can completely capture Roman's funny from yesterday with just this story and picture, but I'm going to try.

We were at my parent's house and Ava and Roman got to take a trip to the attic with Poppy to get the walker for Kolby.  (See photos below for my very helpful girls cleaning and disinfecting it so their baby brother could roll around!)  Roman and Ava were both barefooted, but because it was Poppy and not Mawmaw that led the attic trip, they still got to go up and walk around.  :-)  Thus, their feet were a mess.

Before they came back in the house (this attic is in my folk's detached garage), Mawmaw said they had to clean up their feet.  She suggested a wet rag, but Poppy thought the hose would be a better idea. 

Now, Roman LOVES the hose and water of any kind.... so I knew this could potentially be a wet mess, but I went along anyway.  Poppy, Ava and Roman are outside getting the hose out and before I walk back into the house, I tell Roman, "Do not get your clothes wet... feet only.  Just wash your legs and feet."  And I can see that he is holding the hose against his legs where a tiny bit of his shorts are getting wet.  But I continued into the house because it appeared to me that he was trying to be obedient. 

As I walk into the house, my dad is saying something to me that I can't quite understand, but I took it to be a reprimand to Roman of some kind.  So I tell my dad, "I told him feet and legs only.  He's not going to spray his clothes on purpose, but they might get a little wet because he's only 2 and doesn't control the hose that well."  Still, the look my dad was giving me and him shaking his head led me to believe Roman wasn't doing what I told him to do. 

So I went back outside... to find Roman hosing only his feet, but sitting on the driveway in the water, downhill from the direction the hose was running!  He was following my directions (something unsual these days!), but still soaking wet!!  The photos below show his diligence in keeping the hose on his feet, but he's still sitting in the water!  We just had to laugh!


Working so hard to keep the hose only on his feet!

But sitting in the water, downhill from the flow!


My very helpful girls getting the very old walker cleaned up so Kolby can play!

No comments:

Post a Comment