Thursday, August 12, 2010

"Not again!"

Roman has this way of waking from naps sometimes that is, well let's just say, "not pleasant".  Tonight he was coming from his room as Brian was walking in the door from work... the house door and Roman's bedroom door open simultaneously, and Roman comes into the living room whining, "Not again!  Not you!!  I want MOMMMY!" 
Brian replies, "Wow, nice to see you, too, pal!"

Roman sees me nursing Kolby, comes to cower beneath my ankles and says, "Not again!  I said don't feed Kolby!"

I tell Roman, at least for the hundreth time today, that he doesn't talk to Mommy that way and that he doesn't tell Mommy what to do.

Roman cries even harder into my ankles, and says, "Not again!"

I say, "What's wrong, buddy?"

Roman's reply: "Because I said so!"  And he buries his face in the floor.

Brian laughs, which make Roman cry harder.  "Not again!"  he says. 

To which I ask again, "Buddy, what's wrong?  Why are you such a grumpy Gus?"

And Roman, again, "Because I said so!"

And so on and so on, for at least 20 minutes. 


This is my life....  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment