Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's not even lunchtime!

What was I just saying last night about my little Roman?  That he's into everything, yet pretty laid back.  And that he recovers quickly from things.

We just got back in the door from the doctor, and my little angel just got 3 stitches right between his eyes.  While I was cleaning my bathroom this morning, Roman was playing on my bed-- which is not allowed, and for good reason.  Somehow, he managed to end up on the floor between my bed and the side table, screaming his head off.  I heard the thud, so I went to pick him up, saying, "I'm sure that hurt!"  But I wasn't prepared for his face to be covered in blood!

When he removed his hands and I wiped away some blood, I could see that he had split his forehead between his eyebrows.  I was able to get him to lay down and slow the blood, but it wouldn't stop completely.  So I called the doctor and off we went... after turning off the stove (preparing soup for lunch guests), waking Kolby and nursing him (he was napping), and getting my cleaning clothes off and putting on something that was at least a little presentable.  (I still smelled like bleach, though!)




The split was just over an inch long and the doctor didn't think glue would close it completely without leaving a big scar, so she suggested stitches and said she'd call Kosair to let them know we were coming.  Cancel the lunch plans, take a deep breath and get it together... then call mom to see if she would be able to meet me to take the 3 other kids so I could stay with Roman.

All's well that ends well.... we were able to get the necessary treatment at the pediatrician's office instead of heading to Kosair's, but it wasn't pleasant.  As I was heading out the door, the doctor caught me and said she could stitch him there.  I had to hold my baby down, along with another nurse holding his head while the doctor gave his numbing shots and stitched him.

And Roman?  Well, after screaming the entire time we were holding him down, "I all done, Mommy.  I don't want anymore!", he promptly sat up when the doctor finished and asked for a sucker.  We wiped away the remaining tears, he opened his goody bag, and began playing with his cars. 

Almost like nothing ever even happened.  Just like I described him last night.  Thank goodness for my kids and their unique personalities!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment