Friday, August 13, 2010

A promise to my children

I've been reading recently some friends and family members' blogs, and I've been inspired.  (Thanks, Annie and Jenny!)  So I decided that the time has come for me to capture all the amazing things that my children do each day.  I've been filled with good intentions since the day Ella was born, but I've not followed through in recording most of the things my kids have done... so I started this week working on this blog. 

KIDS: I promise I'm going to do better, to capture, to record, to remember... because these days, they go so quickly, and there's so much that amazes me in each of you, my children.

My prayer each day is that God would allow me to enjoy my children... each moment of the day, good or bad, that I would be able to slow down and take in all that God offers me through each of them.

What I've learned this week since starting this thing is that by creating something to capture memories (and it's easier than I expected!), I have begun seeing my children with a different set of eyes... just a couple of weeks ago I was tired, irritated, and irritable; it seemed I was often short with my kids for no reason.  This week, as I've marveled at their accomplishments, watched the amazing things they do, and laughed at the silly things they say, my eyes are less tired and more appreciative of the gift these kids are to me each day.  It's amazing that just by counting my blessings how much peace I've found, how much energy I've found, how much grace I've found... and it's been there all along but I was too self-absorbed to realize it! 

Ella, Ava, Roman and Kolby: Forgive me, guys... I love you guys so much and I'm so honored and blessed to be your mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment