Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A funny thing

So it wasn't such a bad day after all... but poor Roman, he's been a trooper through it all.

Even though Roman busted his forehead and had to get stitches, I was able to get most of school done with the girls while the boys napped, I finished cleaning the bathroom that I was in the middle of when Roman crashed, I got Ella to the gym on time tonight and we had a nice time at McAllister's then church.  

Praise God!!

A funny thing at McAllister's: A woman sitting at the table next to me started talking to Kolby and after telling me about her family and asking about ours, she asked if she could hold Kolby.  She said, "He looks nothing like your other son."  I laughed and told her that many people have asked if Kolby is mixed, Hispanic or Asian.  But he's not, he just looks like his Daddy, who is also none of those.  She told me her daughter (who she was waiting on) was trying to have children... funny how much information you get from strangers sometimes! 
Anyhow, I told her that Kolby was a surprise blessing from Heaven and to be careful what you pray for.  When her daughter arrived, the lady was holding Kolby and told her about the kids.  The daughter asked me, "Where is this one from-- is he adopted?" 
Again, I had to laugh and explain to this lady the same thing I've told people over and over again since Kolby's birth.  I love it that he is so different and that he looks so much like Brian!

No comments:

Post a Comment