Sunday, August 22, 2010

Cow poop

Recently, I've explained to the girls how our bodies take food and turn it into energy.  What I love about homeschooling is that I can take things we talk about in school and show real life examples to help them better understand a concept.

Friday at the fair, we were walking through the cow hall and there was manure everywhere.  The girls were complaining about the smell and I told them that the cow's poop was just natural.  "Remember how we talked about our bodies using food for energy?  What our bodies don't use turns to poop.  Since cows eat only hay and grass, when they don't use all of it for energy, their bodies are just pooping hay and grass, even though it looks different."

I am pleased to announce that my children are absorbing a bit of what I teach them....

At dinner tonight, we were talking about how our bodies use food.  I was hoping they would remember that our bodies turn food into energy, but when I asked what our bodies do with food, Ava shouted, "POOP!!!"

Brian almost choked on his dinner.


1 comment: