Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Surprises




How the Lord continues to surprise me!  In ways large and small, God is so full of grace and mercy that I simply do not deserve!

Last Thursday night, my cousin Carrie and Aunt Julie showed up while I was reffing at Southeast and surprised me with $560 in funds raised from a secret fundraiser they had been doing since Derby!  And through tears, I had just told Brian the night before that I was "DONE" with fundraising... that I just felt like this process is so daunting and never-ending!  What a shot in the arm and a HUGE dose of encouragement to "just keep swimming!"

And then just last night, when I was trying to cancel our fundraising Pampered Chef party because I was afraid no one was coming, 7 guests unexpected guests showed up!  And on top of that, our show (not finished yet) has reached over $700 in sales!!  We NEVER dreamed such an ending to this little fundraiser!

Just as I'm always asking of the Israelites as I read through the Old Testament, "When will you ever learn?!", I'm certain the Lord is asking the same of me!!!  Sometimes I have faith to move mountains... other times, like last night, I don't even have faith of a mustard seed!  And it's during these times that I know my heavenly Father is shaking His head, wondering when I'll ever learn....

Thankful for His steadfast love and His continued provision for our family.


Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment